1. The digestion of carbohydrates starts in the
2. Photosynthesis in plants requires chlorophyll, sunlight, water and
B. carbon dioxide
3. Which of the following objects is a good conductor of heat?
4. What is the work done when a force of 2.5 N moves through a distance of 4 m?
A. 0.6 J
B. 1.5 J
C. 1.6 J
D. 6.5 J
E. 10.0 J
5. The person who studies the weather is
A. a pilot
B. a physician
C. an astronaut
D. an astrologer
6. A child suffering from Kwashiorkor lacks
B. fats and oils
D. mineral salts
7. Which of the following substances can dissolve almost all solutes?
B. Palm oil
8. All of the following methods are used to preserve food in our homes except
9. The chemical symbol for Potassium is
10. The part of the banana plant used in reproduction is called
11. The process by which kerosene rises up the wick in a lantern is
12. Which of the following animals can live both in water and on land?
E. Mud fish
13. A bar magnet attracts all the following objects except
B. pair of scissors
D. razor blade
14. When an object moves from rough surface onto a smooth one with the same energy, its speed
C. remains the same
D. becomes zero
E. cannot be determined
15. How many states of matter do we have?
16. All of the following animals lay eggs except
17. Which of these is not a sense organ?
18. Which of the following processes is used to separate insoluble solids from liquids?
19. An organism living on another organism and causing harm to it is referred to as a
20. What sickness are you likely to be suffering from when you have blood in your urine?
21. Which of these is a vegetable crop?
22. Insects can walk on the surface of water because of
E. surface tension
23. When a substance is made up of the same kind of atoms it is called
A. a mixture
B. a compound
C. an element
D. a solution
E. a solvent
24. What do human beings obtain from food to enable them work?
25. Which of these instruments is used in measuring humidity?
26. The part of the plant which is found in the soil is the
27. When salt is put into soups, it
28. The complete development of a human baby in the womb normally takes
A. five months
B. six months
C. seven months
D. nine months
E. eleven months
29. The washing away of the top soil by running water is called
30. All of the following are solids except
31. The process by which living things increase in number is referred to as
32. Which of the following soil types can hold the least amount of water?
E. Sandy loam
33. When a piece of candle is heated, it changes from
A. liquid to gas
B. liquid to flame
C. solid to flame
D. solid to liquid
E. solid to gas
34. Which of the following metals is used for making roofing sheets?
35. What is the name of the final product of protein digestion?
B. Fatty acid
C. Amino acid
36. The lion is a typical example of
A. a pet
B. a carnivore
C. an omnivore
D. a herbivore
E. a parasite
37. A uniform mixture of two or more metals is called
A. a solute
B. a colloid
C. a compound
D. a suspension
E. an alloy
38. Which of the following activities illustrates distillation?
A. Preparation of soup
B. Preparation of akpeteshie
C. Tapping of palm wine
D. Preparation of starch
E. Freezing of water
39. The hatching of eggs into chicken depends on constant supply of
40. A fertilized ovule results in the formation of
A. an ovary
B. a style
C. a pistil
D. a stigma
E. an embryo